Friday, April 30, 2010

Humming

I've been humming a lot lately. I have been humming all morning today. No, it's not because it's Friday and I'm leaving early today - it's just a phase I guess.

But I have found that there is a direct correlation between my humming and my happiness. I find that when I'm humming, it's impossible to be anything but happy. Now, I couldn't swear that the humming causes happiness - in fact it could be the other way around - but I think it does in my case.

If I start humming my attitude improves. Before long I'm smiling. For no reason other than it's difficult for me to be gloomy when I'm humming.

I don't think I can scientifically quantify this or anything. But it's good to know. I can now, when faced with a mood that is less than pleasant, begin humming. It may not be permanent, but every little smile helps.

1 comment: