Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kites

It's windy today. Perfect weather I suppose for flying kites. I say that because I really don't know what is good kite weather since I have never managed to get one aloft.

They are a child's toy, right? Easy as pie, wrong! Its not like a yo-yo that, if wound tight enough and thrown down toward the floor, will come come back up - at least once. (Hmm . . wound tight and thrown toward the floor -- story of my life.)

Anyway, I've tried to fly a kite on a couple different occasions - usually when we bought one for one of the kids and needed to get it up to make it a fun gift. Thank goodness my ex was better with things like this because it was quite the dreary plaything in my hands.

But I've seen kites in the air. While they don't look fun, they do look relaxing. (I guess it's like fishing for the people who see it as an activity that requires floating around on a boat and drinking beer.) Maybe some day I'll try it again - or maybe I'll just watch.

1 comment:

  1. It's especially fun to watch kites when they get caugt in trees and people stand there trying to figure out how to get them down. It is amazing how creative people can get to remove a kite from a tree.

    ReplyDelete