Sunday, April 11, 2010

Family

I'm a big believer in family closeness. Well, not too close - everyone needs their space. But I strongly feel that family is there for each other.

I have a sister who will let me lean on her shoulder any time I want. Another who will listen to me for a long time. I have a daughter who worries about me and a son who can make me laugh when I'm feeling low. And this is how it should be.

My family know I'll be there if they need me. My co-workers didn't understand when I took off to go to the funeral of my sister's mother-in-law. They didn't understand, but i knew that my sister needed someone there for her. My daughter used to say that she didn't have to worry about her life because I was worrying enough for both of us.

But that's who I am. And I think I raised my kids to be there for each other. And a nice bonus is I think they care deeply for me. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment