Saturday, April 3, 2010

Springtime

Today I spent a few hours outside and enjoyed it tremendously . . . until I came back in. The head started aching and the sinuses were filling up. Spring is not an easy time for me. It's so difficult to want to be out enjoying the weather but knowing that I will suffer for it later.

When I was growing up on a farm I would wake up in the morning with a nice breeze blowing and, of course, my nose rebelling in dozens of sneezes. I felt I'd been reborn when I moved into the city and finally had air conditioning that allowed me to keep the windows closed. It was a tradeoff, but it made my life easier.

But I became a bit of a hermit - keeping indoors more and more. I think that is why I like windows so much - I get to stay somewhat connected to the outdoors and preserve my sinuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment