Friday, April 9, 2010

Deflated

Today was one of those days that really did me in.

I was tired in the afternoon (for no real reason.) By the time I was driving home I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. And by the time I got home I felt completely deflated. There is no other word to describe it - I felt I had nothing in me at all.

But this never happens when I have the evening free - last night was my book club. So I cuddled with my dog for a bit, drank some OJ (my idea of an energy drink) and drug myself the 4 blocks to the Library.

I managed to briefly pep myself up and get through the meeting, but by the time I got home I was ready to just crawl in bed. I managed to eat a little - but then Winnie and I crawled into bed for some mindless TV until the eyes closed.

I don't mind feeling this way when I have a reason - especially hard day, lack of sleep the night before, etc - but when there is no rhyme or reason, it's just annoying. Although Winnie didn't seem to mind a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I know...what's up with that? I have been trying to figure that one out, as well.
    I get up east breakfast and head for the shower and end up sitting down on the recliner in the bedroom while slowly inching into a comfortable position for a nap. Go figure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blame my PMS on random bouts of unexplained exhaustion and lethargy, but I guess neither of you can do that....Mom, doesn't your lupus make you tired sometimes??

    You know what I do when I feel exhausted for no good reason? Yoga. Conscious relaxation is amazingly invigorating.

    ReplyDelete