Monday, April 12, 2010

Feeding the Soul

Today, instead of eating my lunch at lunchtime, I walked to the library. It's not a long walk - it's the building next door. But I've been wanting to go since we moved in.

I was amazed at how large it was inside, I easly got lost. Finding my way up to the 2nd floor - where the fiction was - I aimlessly wandered the alphabet looking at the spines of the book. Finally I randomly selected one from an author I'd never heard of and sat down in a upholstered chair to read. I made it through 6 chapters during what was left of my hour lunch. Then I put the book back in it's place on the shelf, and walked back to my office.

It was heaven! I often read during my lunch, but I'm constantly interruped by the phone (if you're here, they'll transfer a call to you - lunchtime or not.) So having the peace and quiet of the library for lunch was a plus. I think I'll do the same tomorrow. But I won't have to ramdomly look for a book, I think I'll continue on with the one I started.

Oh, and I still ate. I had a sandwich at my desk afterward while I was working. Priorities you know.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound nice! I've recently resumed my love affair with the library. I'm loving it! I picked up 6 cute board books for Hannah and 2 cookbooks earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete