Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Purses

I bought a purse last weekend. Now that's not really unusual, except when I tell you that it's a green purse. Sort of a light moss color - really pretty.

I'm the type of person who likes to buy basic things and use them a lot. In the winter I carry black purses. Black goes with everything and there is no worry that it won't match. In the summer I either continue to carry my black purse or I switch it out for a tan or woven purse. So I went into the Coach store over the weekend (I'm so picky, that I've begun going straight to Coach - if I'm going to spend a lot I'm at least going to like it) and saw a purse in a size and style that I liked. It was available in tan and green. I told myself that I picked the green because the tan was too light and would get dirty too quickly. But I really just wanted the green. (There was another purse that was pink and green that I REALLY wanted, but it was new and really expensive. I'll wait until it goes down at the end of the season and see if I still want it.)

I carried the purse around with me for a bit while I looked through the rest of the store. After all, you can't buy the first purse you pick up, right? But nothing else was right. Not the right size. Not the right strap. Not the right shape. Not the right design. Not the right price. The green purse was perfect. So I bought it.

Now I had a coupon (I'm on their mailing list) and it was on sale, but it was still about $25-$40 more than if I'd gone to a mall department store and bought something that I wouldn't like as well and wouldn't last as well. But, in my increasing years I've decided that I'm worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I can't believe you're shopping at Coach! I have a Coach purse that the lady I babysat for bought me years ago and I still have it so they're worth the money.

    I can't believe you bought green!!! I want to see it!

    ReplyDelete