Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Library . . revisited

I'm still going to the library next door over my lunch break. And I'm still not telling anyone at work where I'm going - but in all fairness, they don't ask. I just say "I'm going out for a while" and I get a nod in return. I love the indulgence of "playing hooky" from work. I love the amount of reading I'm getting done. I love abandoning the office and my co-workers for a brief time.

But today I felt restless in the library and was not sure why. But all afternoon I kept looking out my window at work and I realized, that the library, though it has a skylight that lets in the light, doesn't have windows and I was yearing for the beautiful spring vistas. It's too chilly to be out too long without a jacket (which, for some odd reason, I stopped wearing to work) and it's too windy to be able to go back to work looking somewhat "put together." So I don't go out.

I think, however, when the weather changes just a bit more I will stop my library treks for a time and start walking the city. After all, summer heat will eventually come and I'll again want the air-conditioned refuge of the library then.

No comments:

Post a Comment