Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Little Things

Sometimes all you have to appreciate in a day are little things. But that's okay. I'm okay with little things. I was raised to be content. Now, before anyone shouts "Whoa girlie, wait just a minute", I will admit that I'm also a whiner. But bottom line is I don't expect much.

Today I got to work early enough that I could make a slight detour and check out this bakery that is only one block away from my office. While I expected aromatic artisan breads, I was delighted to learn they also had breakfast sandwiches, lunch soup and sandwiches, and an array of completely indulgent looking deserts (including canoli.) They were slow in making my breakfast sandwich (small establishments are not typically quick), but it was definitely worth the wait. As I waited, the person working the front busied himself with inserting long baguettes into paper sleeves and arranging them in a huge vase-like container on the front counter. Only $2.50. (Note to self - stop by at lunch one day and pick up one to take home.) Anyway, back to the sandwich. I'll have to remind myself to ask them to only use half the amount of egg for the next sandwich - it was so thick with egg that it kept falling apart. But completely delicious! All for about what I would have spent at the 'arches' for a breakfast sandwich.

And if that serendipitous discovery wasn't enough for the day, I found a parking place right in front of my house when I got home. My day was complete - what more could I ask for?

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment