Friday, March 12, 2010

Rainy Day

It's a rainy day today and I can't keep myself from looking out the window at they grey, overcast world around me.

This has proved to be interesting. I have a neighbor that seems to watch sports on a big-screen TV all day long (with the drapes open, of course). I have another neighbor that props open the french door to her small balcony nearly every day (the sheer on her french door blows out the opening and catches my attention). I have another neighbor with no drapes on her french doors who walks around in a towel (probably thinks it would be hard to peek through a 4th floor window). And it appears that one still has their Christmas tree up.

Aren't neighborhood's fun?

3 comments:

  1. I love to people watch. Here on the lake there is not much to watch in the winter time. When we see someone running or jogging, we hurry to the window to see if it is someone we know. I love the city, the noises, the action, the energy that is there. I am looking foward to our next move in two years to a place with a lot to do and see. Your writing reminded me of New York and the Friends show. One of their past times was watching the poeple in the apartments. While watching the neigbors through the apartment windows they would make up stories to go along with the person. Of coarse the stories were fiction, but it was fun. It is just to quiet out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to post a photo of my work neighborhood - as soon as the weather clears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah! Ugly Naked Guy....I love that show. I was in high school when it first came out and babysitting for 2 boys (can't remember their ages now...7-10 range) every Thursday evening who, lucky for me, also liked the show so we'd play outside for a couple of hours then come in and watch Friends.

    ReplyDelete