Friday, March 12, 2010

Dusting

I brought a duster to work today. Yes, we have housekeeping service that we pay for, but as far as I can tell, our housekeeping consists of someone taking out the trash.

The last few days were sunny enough that I could see the accumulating dust on the windowsill. It ruins the view. I can't see the creek from my window, I have to stand up to do that, but I can see the promenade on the other side of the creek in front of the condos. Today there was a young man sitting on one of the benches playing guitar for quite a while. There are always people waking dogs - today I saw a woman come out of the condos with 2 matching dogs - Shelties I think. I wish I could see our side of the promenade too - that's where the restaurants are and I can hear people at the cafe tables talking and laughing. I live vicariously through them and tell myself I'm going to go down there at lunchtime and enjoy the sunshine too. But so far, I haven't.

Spring is coming. I'll get there yet.

2 comments:

  1. The promenade..ahh yes. A wonderful hangout. There are not enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're working there now because when I'm driving through, we'll have someplace cool and convenient to have lunch. Not that I drive through often, but it happens about every 3 months when I drive back to see the asthma dr.

    ReplyDelete