Saturday, March 27, 2010

Clean House

I cleaned house today. I've been putting it off for a few weeks because the weekends just always had so many things planned into them that I just didn't want to add one more. But I decided yesterday that I was going to get up and start cleaning before I did anything else.

My good intentions were somewhat waylayed by a poor night of sleep followed by sleeping in. But by 10:00 am I was awake, fed, and ready to start. I cleaned until 2:00 pm and quit. I had one or two things left to do, but I was tired and hungry.

There is something about cleaning that feels good. It's so obvious when you finish that you accomplished something. It's a good feeling. Unfortunately, the good feeling lasts a day or two and then everything is covered with dust again and the little items of day to day life are strewn about in organized piles of clutter.

But, for a day or two anyway, I'm going to enjoy the decluttered home.

1 comment:

  1. A long time ago I instituted a 24-hour clean rule which meant that the house must remain spotless for 24 hours after a cleaning, that way I could relish that sense of accomplishment. That was a difficult rule to impose on roommates, but I tried anyway....These days cleaning is a luxury I just don't have time for.

    ReplyDelete