Friday, March 19, 2010

Microchips

Today I got my dog microchipped. She's only 3 1/2 pounds and can't wear a heavy tag on a collar. I was excited about the microchipping, but when I dropped her off this morning and I heard that there was a very large needle involved, I got a little panicy.

Now it's in and I get to go online and register her. So, in the event that she is lost, someone can find me. Which, is $40 well spent, but in all likelihood, won't ever come into play. First, she is either safely in my house or on a leash at all times - usually the former since that nasty hawk incident. Second, if she were to get lost, her tendency when she's scared leans heavily toward hiding and snapping. So, maybe no chance for anyone to scan the chip.

But, all in all, I feel safer. And she isn't complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment