Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday

Sometimes all you have to look forward to in a week is Friday. You wake up almost giddy knowing that it's the last work day of the week. There is almost nothing that can happen on Friday that will ruin the mood - and trust me, things happen on Friday a lot.

Sometimes I can't hold in the excitement and I take myself out to lunch on Friday. But that typically doesn't work out to be as fun as I want it to be. Today my bread was a little stale. I went to Subway, but didn't leave for lunch until almost 1:30 pm. I guess the bread is made in preparation of the lunch crowd and if you wait until 1:30 to eat - what can you expect?

Driving home on a Friday is a killer. I think the DC workers must stay in the city during the week and all drive home on Friday. Even getting on the highway is difficult. Sometimes I'll wait in line for quite a while as one care at a time in front of me squeeze into the highway. But, again, it's hard too bothered by it because it's Friday.

The problem with Friday is that it heightens expectations. It's really hard for any weekend to live up to a Friday "high."

No comments:

Post a Comment