Monday, March 22, 2010

Loved

I know I am loved. I have amazing kids and kids-in-law and grandkids. But I think my dog loves me best - or maybe that's just what she wants me to believe.

She had dental surgery on Friday and wasn't feeling her normal self this weekend. And because of her neediness, I found her on top of my constantly. She would crawl behind my neck and lay down. She would climb atop my boobs and lay down. She would snuggle in beside me and bury her head beneath my hand. Nearby just wasn't cutting it - she wanted complete security that only touching me would bring. And so, feeling a little guilty in the knowledge that I was the one who decided on the vet visit that did this to her, I let her have her way.

If only she knew how I was also laughing at her the whole time. One of the teeth she lost was a canine on the upper right. So, in addition to being not as full on that side of her mouth, she can't keep her tongue from the empty space. She would lick her mouth and the tongue would linger an extra measure of time out the right side of her mouth. It is hilarious. She looks at me so intently while she's doing it, as if to say "Mommy, I'm not sure what it is, but something is different." I just tell her she's pretty and give her an extra cuddle.

I'm not telling her it was my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment