Monday, March 15, 2010

Pre-Ordering

I had to return a book to Borders today. It's not because anything was wrong with the book. It's not because I decided that I didn't want it. It's because I got two.

Borders.com has this wonderful program where you can pre-order a book that you want. It saves you from remembering the release date - when it comes, they'll charge your card and send you the book.

But sadly, at my age, my memory isn't as it used to be. I pre-ordered the book back in November. Than a week ago I saw that a book I'd been wanting had been released and I ordered it. Yep, the same book.

Imagine my surprise when I received two identical packages on the same day. So, I shamefully walked into the nearby Borders store and returned one for a refund.

I used to know what vitamin/herbal was supposed to be good for memory . . . but I forgot.

1 comment:

  1. Hahha! I can relate to that. I have a book waiting to be returned through the mail due to double ordering. The book with the same title has 3 different covers, depending on the seller (so I learned later). I borrowed the book from the library to begin with and decided I wanted to buy it so that I could highlight some of the information and wanted the cover to be the same as well. I still don't get why there are three covers and the contents are exactly identical. Anyhow, thus a double copy.

    ReplyDelete