Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ice Cream

There is a Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop in my building. Just down two flights of stairs and a short walk to the west.

After I ate my lunch yesterday, I decided to get a small cone. I went down and introduced myself to my new neighbor and, after a few samples, I decided on a small, chocolate-dipped cone of chocolate fudge ice cream. It was $4.50. No kidding. It was a very small waffle cone that had been dipped (about 1 1/2 inches) into chocolate. That was 75 cents just for the cone dipped in chocolate. So that meant the amount of ice cream that would fit on that cost $3.75. For $3.99 I could get an entire pint at the grocery store and bring it in to the freezer in our office kitchen.

This really bums me because it would be such a nice afternoon treat to walk down the promenade on a sunny day and get a small cone of ice cream. Unfortunately, I can't afford a $3.75 afternoon snack on a regular basis.

Oh, well. Maybe the sushi restaurant beside them will have better prices.

3 comments:

  1. On the bright side, what's it worth to you to NOT have it sitting in your freezer for you to devour at your will?? I mean, sometimes I'd rather pay more in that scenario and have less because then I know it's one little splurge and not one BIG splurge.

    ReplyDelete