Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Apples

I'm eating a delicious apple right now.

I have found that apples are either delicious or horrible. This one is called a Cripps Pink. I'm not sure what that means. Who or what is Cripps? It's not pink. But it's good.

When I was young I'd eat any apple - sour were my favorite. Now I'm particular. It can't be too mushy, or too sour, or too drippy. Unfortunately, you don't know any of those things until you take a bite. Just another instance of when it's too late to do anything about it.

2 comments:

  1. My Mom would put salt on her apples, and we thought typically all apples should be eaten with salt on them. Mom grew up on a farm and back in the day there were only a few varieties to choose from.Though there are to many varieties to choose from now, the Fuji's are the winner in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like fujis too. And gala. And also pink lady. Thay are the most reliably crisp. A mushy aple is the worst!!

    Salt on apples sounds strange, but my dad had a girlfriend who put salt and pepper on her cantaloupe...which is also stange...but I tried it once and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete