Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Morning vs Night

Are you a morning person or a night person?

Everyone asks that. And you are supposed to answer. You are supposed to know. What if you don't know? Why is it that you can't be both?

I am sort of both. Let me explain. I hate to wake up and if I close my eyes for a second, I can be back asleep for an hour or more. Once I'm up and showered, however, I'm alert, energetic, and ready to take on the world. For a while. Then I want a nap. My mind starts to drift, the eyelids start to feel heavy, the energy wanes, and I'm ready to become horizontal. Driving home is a chore. Once home I hear the sofa calling to me.

But . . . once I get the second wind, I'm good to go. When I know that I should be getting ready for bed, my mind is ready to go. I can get a lot done in that period of energy and alertness. And then I toss and turn and fidget in bed trying to turn my brain off.

So, am I a morning person or a night person? And does it matter?

1 comment:

  1. It sure matters to me.. I am for sure a second shifter (10am to 2am). My body and mind has determined that for me. Yes, I can sleep like the military and no I don't, because why should I? Brian works 3rd shift but he clearly is a morning person. No doubt about it, his body doesn't like the night shift. Oh yeah, it matters.

    ReplyDelete