Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wish I Had a Camera

The sunset is beautiful today.

My desk faces a wall of windows (for now, we're moving in January) and so I get to watch the weather and the seasons change as I work. (Ok, and the garbage trucks pull in but the good views far outweigh the bad views.)

Tonight the sky is a medium blue, fading down into a light blueish grey, fading down into a pale rose, fading down into a medium rose, and then the horizon. But the sky isn't what's beautiful - it's the silhouettes of the bare trees that are between my window and the sky. Many would say that the dark silhouettes are depressing, but I find them to be almost lacy. And the start contrast between the sunset sky and the black silhouetes is completely serene and just . . . beautiful.

I wish I had my camera with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment