Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Swine Protected

I had my annual physical today. I have 2 referrals, 1 prescription, 4 lab tests pending, 1 physical therapy exercise to do, 1 skin cyst to watch, 1 followup appointment, and 2 bandaids from vaccine injections. Yes, in addition to updating my Tetnus, I got my H1N1 antiviral shot. I had no qualms about getting it - I get a flu shot every year and this is just a bit of antiviral that didn't get manufactured in time to get it into the season shot. I can't see what everyone worries about.

The doctor took his time with me, answered all my questions, gave me lots of suggestions, and laughed at my feeble attempts at humor regarding my status as an old, naked lady wearing a bedsheet.

All in all I suppose it was a good experience.

2 comments:

  1. Old??? "You are only as old/young as you think." That was a favorite line of one of our friends who was near 70 years at the time. Here is another one for you (I an not good at puncuation, I know there are mistakes but trying not to be nervous about it)
    Fifty years old and ready to rock." At the time I thought these guys were funny, but 30+ years later, I realize they were serious about staying young. :)
    Stay warm, there is a winter storm warning here tonight. The wind is sounding fierce and I think the forcast is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably got more than I did. All our snow went to the mountains west of us.

    ReplyDelete