Saturday, December 12, 2009

Jammies

We have a hot and cold relationship with jammies during our lives. When we are little we love them. They have feet, they have superheros on them, they're stretchy and comfy. We take pride in them.

Then when we're older, they are the only thing we don't wear to bed. We wear tee shirts, sweats, and sometimes nothing. But we don't wear jammies.

But then when we're older (the age of 51 comes to mind) we love our jammies again. A comfy and stretchy pair of jammies can be our favorite clothing. I can't wait to change into the jammies as soon as I get home in the evening. And sometimes on a weekend I may never change out of the jammies.

After all, I'll just be going to bed again at the end of the day.

8 comments:

  1. Speaking of jammies..we laugh alot about jammies cause we are thrid shifters. Brian works third shift and somehow my sleep got turned around to day sleep. While trying to get back to night sleeping, I get up in the afternoon, get a shower and change into some clean jammies. Always jammies. Trying to get changed around before vacation week. Sure don't want to live in my jammies at Eric and Terri's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think! Showering and putting on clean jammies. Why didn't I think of that.

    Maybe in Baltimore you can switch to the yoga-type pants that Terri wears, they are almost jammies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to find some yoga-type pants in navy blue or other dark colors. There seems to be only black and gray ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a navy blue pair with a bright, light blue band that I bought from Victoria's Secret (of all places!) for $20. Not sure if they still have them, but it's worth a look! Target is also good for yoga pants but not sure what colors they have...

    ReplyDelete
  5. But please feel free to wear your jammies!!! I live in yoga pants, even when we go out--just can't be bothered with not being comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I found a navy blue pair of yoga pants today. Yogi (a) it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. and also, the day that i commented on this, sunday, i guess, eric never made it out of his pj pants all day long!!! haahah!! so yeah, you're in good company here if you want to stay pj'ed all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great! Rolling with laughter!!

    ReplyDelete