Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's a Wrap

I wrapped gifts last night. Finally. It's not that I mind wrapping, it's just that sometimes the space to spread out and enjoy wrapping gets limited. I didn't pull out the bows - I didn't get that "into it" but everyone's gift is now at least covered with bright holiday paper and placed festively under my table-top tree.

I remember years when I tried to go all out with wrapping. Fancy ribbons and bows. Each gift looking different than the last. But sometime in the last few years its become less and less important. Maybe the urge to create masterpieces will return someday, but until then, if you get a gift from me - it's just wrapped.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Yeah, I remember the days of the masterpieces.
    Those were the days when the wrappings cordinated with the persons interests or the gift in the box. For one neice it was white butcher paper with a hand drawn snow scene with color and glitter and construction paper.
    It seems now the most festive paper is as far as it gets and maybe with a ribbon tied around the package. What happened to Christmas anyway?

    My worst fear is to fall on the ice. Glad nothing was broken when you fell. Maybe pain killers for that first official day of winter- fall, or maybe a de-yuck pill because it is winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe some of the Christmas spirit will come back since we have grandbabies added to the mix. That's who Christmas if for after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can hope. But it okay with me to not make Christmas so commercial like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I get into wrapping--I love that ribbon that you run the scissors down to make it all curly!! I used a lot of that this year. Mostly just because I like the act of curling it. I waffle between having fun wrapping and thinking it's wasteful...but I didn't buy any new wrapping paper or bows this year, just using what we have!! When we run out, I'm not sure if I'll buy more or try to go the environmental route and use....I don't know what I'd use because we dont' get a newspaper either so I can't use that...I'll figure it out. Might always want that curly ribbon though...

    ReplyDelete