Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dummy Lights

I love the little dummy lights that are on the dash of cars. The newer the car the more lights. I don't have someone at home to periodically check all those mechanical things, so having the car check itself is great.

Cars have always had the oil/engine one - but if it came on it was almost too late already. The light should come on when it's just beginning to veer off the norm, so you have time to get an appointment at the garage.

My car has one that tells me when the air pressure in my tires is not what it's supposed to be. Isn't that great? I no longer have to cajole my son into checking the air pressure, or listen to him admonish me for not learning how to do this myself (some things I just don't want to do.) Now the car tells me when I need air.

Now, when they invent a car that fixes itself I'll be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment