Friday, December 4, 2009

Exhaustion

I'm totally exhausted. We had a work meeting today that began at 8:00 am (meaning I was up a little before 6:00 am) and went until after 5:00, at which time we reconvened at another location for appetizers and drinks, at which time we reconvened at a restaurant for dinner. Whew.

It's now after 10:30 pm and I've been home for only 15 mnutes. My head hurts, my dog is crying and practically sitting on the keyboard, and I'm ready for bed so I can get up and do the same thing tomorrow.

And I was the first one to leave - they might all still be sitting there!

I'm all for Stategic Planning - but do the days have to be so long? Couldn't we plan just as strategicly if we had 8-hour days? Maybe exhaustion is a factor. Maybe people are more creative on the brink of a nervous collapse. Or maybe its a plot by those 4-hour a night sleepers to take over. "Sure you agreed with this, remember, it was on the morning of the 2nd day that we all discussed it. You were there." Hmmm, that sounds plausible.

No comments:

Post a Comment