Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Storm

We had a snow storm today. I just shoveled about 18" off my sidewalk and it's still snowing.

As I was wading through this snow trying to shovel it, I kept thinking of how I enjoyed it when I had teenagers at home who would do this for me. Terri was most likely to volunteer. It seemed she always had a friend here when we had the worst snowstorms and so enjoyed the excuse to go out and be a little crazy in the snow. Something about deep snow always brought out her crazy side. Any other day would have had her griping about the cold, but if there was snow she wanted to be out in it.

One snowy day she came home all excited. She had managed to get on the local news as she had been uptown playing near the TV station. We all had to stay up until the 11:00 pm news so we could tape it.

So I was thigh deep in the snow today wondering why none of the teens walking up and down the street seemed to be enjoying the snow. I think it's just further evidence that young people try to grow up too quickly. Terri enjoyed being young as absolutely long as she could.

4 comments:

  1. About 3, maybe 4 inches here. Sure hoping for dry roads on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear there is another storm coming on Friday. Going to make driving horrible for us who have to work that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did hang on to youth for all it was worth! I started "growing up" when I got the job in Aberdeen and had to get up at 5 every morning....that's enough to steal the youth out of the best of us.

    I can't find that tape that has me on the Freddy's commercial and me on the news playing the snow with Katie--do you have it?? I thought I did, but I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll look - if I have it, it's in the cupboard under the stairs - but I haven't seen it in a while.

    ReplyDelete