Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bed

I read an article once that money truly can buy happiness - sort of. There are certain things that you can spend money on that will give you a happiness return on your investment.

I cannot remember what all the options were, but one stuck in my mind. It said that money you put into your bedroom comes back in restful sleep and a happier next day. I took this article to heart and made some investments.

A couple years ago I bought a new bed. Then one Christmas my daughter got me a thick foam mattress topper. Then another Christmas she bought me high-thread-count sheets. Then this past summer I invested in pillows - not cheap pillows.

I've got to say, that when I sink into my bed each evening, it is heaven. And crawling out of my bed is very difficult in the morning.

So, it's true. Money can buy happiness.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on that!! A good sleeping situation is crucial. I hope that Hannah soon learns the joy of sleep :)

    ReplyDelete