Monday, December 14, 2009

More Weather

What is up with this weather? It was in the 50s today!!!!

Last week the wind was bitter cold and today I only needed a light jacket. Not that I'm complaining. I like the more fall-like weather, but it's really hard to know how to dress in the morning.

Everyone talks about how the winters aren't as cold as they used to be. I agree. But. . . I think my perceptions are a bit off. It was cold. I remember getting up in the morning as a child and needing to sit in front of the gas heater to get dressed. I also remember walking to the bus stop on a country road (no concrete sidewalks to hold the heat from the day before.) I remember the water pipes freezing on a regular basis - unless you left the faucet dripping. I remember weating boots to school a lot. I remember lots of red, runny noses. I definitely remember it snowing more and being colder. But I was a kid and I had the perceptions of a kid.

Was it really colder? I'll leave that to the weathermen to track and tell me.

1 comment:

  1. You were also in the mountains of Pennsylvania where it is undoubtedly colder than in the semi-concrete jungle in which you live now.

    ReplyDelete