Saturday, December 5, 2009

Grocery Store

I have been working on my grocery list tonight. I should go to the grocery store tomorrow, but will probably wait until after my meeting on Monday night.

I'm not putting it off because I dread it. I just need a day of hibernating and getting chores accomplished. No, I never dread doing the grocery shopping - I love it.

I'm not sure why. Maybe it has to do with having a very "lean" childhood when it came to food on the table. We always had food, just never any to spare. My mom would open one quart of her home-canned green beans or corn as the side dish to feed a family of 5. This might have something to do with it.

But it could just be because I love food. I love eating it. I love cooking it. I love walking down the aisles and seeing all the possibilities and potential meals. I love living in an age and in a country that allows the selection we have -- I'm sure we have at least 8 varieties of apples and five shelves of crackers. I don't have to buy peanut butter (although there are about 15 brands and styles) because I can buy almond butter. It's crazy!

Now that I think about it, this is probably why I watch the Food Network too.

No comments:

Post a Comment