Saturday, November 14, 2009

Winnie

I live with the tiniest dog I've ever known. She is 3.5 pounds and way less than a foot tall. She trembles most of the time and has a near-constant look of intimidation (her being intimidated, not her intimidating.)

Although she is probably the biggest source of worry in my life - after the hawk incident one winter - she is also one of the biggest sources of enjoyment in my life. She is my companion.

I probably spoil her a bit - when the weather first gets cold I bring out a microwavable heating pad to put under her bed to help her adjust. I probably spend more (per pound) on her treats than I do on mine. And if I could take her with me everywhere, I probably would.

Her only "bad" habit is that she's a bit noisy. Yes, I have on of those "yappy" little dogs that my daughter says signifies I'm officially an old lady. So, it's official. I'm old. But I could have told you that without a dog.

1 comment: