Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Comfort Foods

I think the problem I have with diets is diet foods. There is absolutely nothing in the "good for you" food group that could be remotely classified as Comfort Food. My life requires comforting and I love my comfort food. Yes, I know, that technically you can eat anything on a diet . . . just less of it or with healthier ingredients, but thats not truly a realistic option. When fresh bread comes out of the oven, who takes a tiny slice and slathers it with yogurt spread? When you've made a hearty stew, do you just take a cupful? Oh, and mac and cheese made with skim milk and lite cheese just wouldn't be the same.

So I think the problem with me and diets isn't that I don't know how to eat less, it's that I need too much "comforting." Plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment