Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Coughing

Why, after all the lectures and publicity regarding the flu this year, are there still some people who don't cover their mouth when the cough? Especially when what they are coughing on is so obviously going to be touched by other people in the immediate future.

I had a student in my class tonight who was just getting over a "virus" which caused her to miss all her classes last week. So this week she sat right in front of me and spent the evening coughing all over her keyboard and monitor. Never once did I see the elbow come up to receive the cough like we're being admonished to do.

I tried not to be overly sensitive - but I'm spending the week with one of the grandbabies! Every time I stopped at her station to help her, I immediately ran back to my desk to sneak a squeeze from the anti-bacterial hidden in my purse. Maybe that was enough to keep me from getting sick, but only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment