Sunday, November 15, 2009

Visiting

Today I drove over an hour to visit my granddaughter. I hate the drive, but I'm thankful that it's not any further . . . yet.

When my dad died, I asked my mom to move in with me. She refused. Instead she moved further away. It was then, counting the food and bathroom breaks, about a five-hour drive to visit her. As a single mother who was taking college classes and working at least 2 jobs at any given time, this was almost impossible. I wished she would come to me . . . but she never did.

Now that I'm a grandmother I never want to ask my kids to bring the grandchildren to me - I go to them. Though I still have schedule conflicts, it's probably easier for me to travel than it is for their family to pack up and come to me. My mom probably never understood . . . but I do.

1 comment:

  1. We certainly appreciate it. Driving with your granddaughter is not the most fun....hopefully it'll get better as she gets older.

    ReplyDelete