Friday, November 27, 2009

Driving

After a few days gone, I drove home tonight. It was nice.

Driving - for me at least - is never a really enjoyable activity. Cars are never comfortable, other drivers annoy me, I don't like focusing on one thing for that long (my mind tends to wander), and I keep thinking I have other things I could be doing. I definitely don't get excited about the "handling" of a car on the road. I don't itch to get back in the driver's seat. I just don't get it. I use driving to get to where I need to be and so a car is merely a tool.

But, with that said, sometimes driving is tolerable. Sometimes, like tonight, the road isn't too crowded, the weather isn't too fierce, the radio station is coming in clear, and I have a trifecta that transports me into a zen-like place that makes driving almost pleasurable.

But before you get me a subscription to some car mag for Christmas, remember, I said "almost."

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you clarified that at the end--I was THIS close to ordering you...crap. My sarcasm is ruined by the fact that I don't know the titles to any car mags....sigh.

    ReplyDelete