Monday, November 16, 2009

Meetings

I have a meeting tonight. I have at least one a week and sometimes I have a full week of various meetings.

I've thought about why, and I think that our face-to-face social contact changes as we age. When we're young, we go to bars and parties. Then we move into our childrearing years and it switches to child-related activities. Sports, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, music lessons, swim lessons, etc. Our children control our social interraction. But then we hit that next age where we "get involved" i.e. work without getting paid. I'm in that stage.

I enjoy it. I really do. But I think I've realized my lack of dating may be correlated to the groups and causes that I choose to connect with. If I'm going to substitute meetings for bars, I should at least find groups that have a few men in their number. Don't you think?

1 comment: