Saturday, November 21, 2009

DVR

Have you heard of these DVR machines? Where has this been all my life? I've only had one for a couple weeks, but it's totally transformed my television viewing!

Where I used to spend a lazy evening channel surfing, now I have a ready-made list of shows that I know I'll enjoy watching but couldn't when they were on live because of bedtime or work or activities or whatever. It's all right there waiting for me to have a little free time.

Now before I get too proud of myself here I've got to admit that I'm still a couch potato - it's just that now I feel less guilty. I'm actually watching quality dramas instead of the lives of the rich and spoiled or a rerun of a rerun of a rerun.

And I save a lot of time skipping over the commercials. That's time I could have never gotten back.

No comments:

Post a Comment