Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Autumn

I love the fall season! I love the crisp days and the cool nights. I love the sound of the wind rustling through the leaves in the backyard. I love being able to watch the squirrel in my back yard scampter through the bare tree branches. I love to watch the lone falling leaf twirling and gliding slowly back and forth outside my office window. I love the ground crunching beneath my feet. I love being able to wear jackets and sweaters again. I love the smell of the smoke from my neighbor's wood-burning stove greeting me every time I open the back door.

Summer is too hot. Winter is too icy. And while I also enjoy Spring - it's too windy and wet. Fall is perfect. Well, except for the mice who try to take up residence every year when their summer digs get too chilly. Ok, so Fall is very nearly perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment