Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cookies

A long time ago (maybe in a galazy far, far away) I used to make cookies every November. I would make dozens of cookies of a half dozen or more different varieties. I would put them in freezer bags and they would last through the holiday season. This was when my children were young

Today, for the first time in at least a decade, I made cookies again. This time with my daughter-in-law. I remembered what I liked about baking. And what I didn't like (the number of things in this list has expanded.) I am now a bit older and so standing in the kitchen all day has my feet crying out for a pillow. And the hot flashes make working in a room with an oven for 5 hours nearly unbearable. But I enjoyed it.

I will not keep the cookies. On my counter I have one bag of misshapen and broken cookies, I sent three bags home with my son and daughter-in-law, and will deliver two bags to my daughter and son-in-law over the weekend. Some parts of the holiday baking experience never change - it's still for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment