Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stupid Multi-Tasking Phones

I have had my phone for a year now and I've finally given up the possibility that I could learn how to put music on it by myself. So I got online and "chatted" with someone from customer service.

But after an hour of "chatting" I was talking in all capital letters! What I came away with is - yes, I can download music onto my phone - but, no, I cannot download the music on my computer onto my phone. It seems the phone only recognizes certain file types and the type that gets stored in your computer when you have downloaded a CD isn't the right type. Of course.

So I said to the rep "You mean I cannot download any of the CDs I have to my phone? What music CAN I download?" This was when she referred me to the music purchasing place on their website, and when I sort of lost it. What kind of gimmick was this?

So I logged out and calmed down and did what any normal person would do and Googled for an answer, which I found in a free software application. It meant an extra step - loading the CDs on to my computer and running them through this new software, and THEN loading it onto my phone. I have one CD on it so far, it's going to be a slow process, but I've got time.

1 comment:

  1. That's why my phone only makes and receives calls. No cameras, no music, no crazy crap to deal with and pay extra for. What can I say, I'm slightly archaic.

    ReplyDelete