Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Scrabble

I am addicted to playing Scrabble on my phone. I play against the computer - which one would think would prove challenging, but I win almost all the time. While the computer can come up with words (that I really don't think are words) that have a high point value, it doesn't play strategically. I think this is my strength. The computer seems to look for the best word to play - with regard to points. I do that, but in addition I look for ways to screw up my opponent's next play. Which, in and of itself, tells you something about me.

It's not just Scrabble - I also spend copious amounts of time with crossword puzzles and Sudoku puzzles. I could say it's because I'm getting older and I want to keep my brain from turning to mush, or that it's because I like getting lost in the challenge. But I think it's just I like killing time with something I'm adequate at -- maybe you can't overfeed an ego.

1 comment:

  1. I love doing crossword puzzles with you for precisely this reason. I do not, however, enjoy playing scrabble with you :)

    ReplyDelete