Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Songs

Driving home from work on Friday I heard the first harbinger of the upcoming season - a holiday song. It's not even Thanksgiving and we're already crooning about there being "no place like home for the holiday" and that someone is "dreaming of a white Christmas."

It's not that I hate Christmas - I just think it starts too early. Thanksgiving is the best holiday ever . . . well, at least for grownups. The second the costumes exit the mall they starting building Santa's village. I have no problem with the holiday season beginning early - in fact I'm quite the fan of the weeks of sappy holiday movies running back to back on at least three different channels -- I just think it shouldn't start until December. After all, we only need time to shop and we can probably accomplish that in about three weeks.

So, it's decided, three weeks is all the holiday season we need to shop and watch sappy movies. Except, when it comes to the holiday songs - I think we'd could get by if they started somewhere around the 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment