Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Working

I'm tired of working.

Not just today. I'm tired, period. I don't want to work any more. I've done it a while now, and it's gotten really old.

I'm not hoping to sleep the rest of my life away - just work for me. I want to work on the house, on crafts, on writing, on anything but work! I want my time to belong to me - to fritter away however I see fit.

Since I'm fifteen years away from full retirement, this seems a lofty pipe dream. But it's what I want more than anything.

Since I have no wealthy relatives to will me their estate, since finding a "sugar daddy" at my age and appearance is a slim prospect, and since neither of my children has become a famous rock star or athlete and be able to support their dear old mom, I suppose that only leaves playing the lottery.

Guess I'll stop tonight and pick up a ticket. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the rock star thing didn't work out...I tried!!! Fingers crossed on the lottery.

    ReplyDelete