Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Today is one of Those Days

Sometimes when you have no one to talk to, spend time with, share things with - it's much more noticable than at other times. Today is one of those days.

I don't tend to get lonely - I truly like being alone - but sometimes I do. Today is one of those days.

Maybe it's the slight drizzle of rain outside my window that's getting me down. Maybe it's that a sister I e-mail back and forth to at work is on vacation this week. Maybe it's that I recently felt betrayed by co-workers and have been keeping to myself rather than risk any additional knives in my back. Maybe it's just one of those days.

I shopped with my daughter-in-law Saturday, I spoke with my daughter on the phone yesterday, I spoke with my son on the phone this morning. It's not as though I'm being neglected. Sometimes I guess I just feel social. I suppose this is a good week for it - 2 evenings of meetings this week. I wonder if that will be sufficient.

I wish I could put my finger on it. I'm not used to this. Or maybe today is just one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment