Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dishes

It took me all day to get my dishes done and there are still some in the sink.

I don't cook elaborate meals these days - usually don't dirty too many dishes or pans. So sometimes (if the week has been especially busy) I'll rinse everything and stack it until a day I have time - often Sunday.

So a stack of dishes beside my sink greeted me today and I started tackling them first thing. There were so many that I did them in drainerfuls - let them air dry a bit then take a towel to them as I put them away. Then start the next batch. I would have made good progress except that Sunday is also a cooking day. I wanted soup and bread to take to work with me for my lunch this week. So as quickly as I was washing, I was using more.

I've given up for the night(its after eleven) and I still had the pan from the bread I'd made and the pot from the soup sitting in the sink. But I amtired. I will take a few few minutes of awake time to fold clothes and then bed. After all, there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment