Friday, May 28, 2010

Physical Therapy

My PT ended last night. I go back to visit the doctor on Tuesday and I'm hopeful that he'll tell me that if I keep up the exercises, he won't have to operate on my shoulder. Yippee.

Who knew my shoulders were so weak. The Physical Therapists told me it was because the "girls" were a little large. Shoulder posture is never what it should be in women with hefty girls. Even though everyone remarked that I had great back posture, everyone said my shoulders came forward just a bit. This meant the muscles in the front of my shoulders were underused - and, of course, that meant other muscles were overused.

So now I'm doing exercises to keep it strong. And I'm trying to keep the shoulder posture as it should be - which means pushing the girls out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment