Friday, May 14, 2010

Change

Sometimes change can be good. But change is just disappointing.

I went to a restaurant today that I used to like. Not love, just like. I ordered my favorite item on the menu - fish taco. But it wasn't what I remembered. Now in all fairness, I haven't been there for a few years. Maybe they got a new chef. Maybe they have a new owner. Maybe it was just a bad day. But it was awful. I could swear they had drenched the taco in vinegar. And there was more cheese than fish.

This is always a disappointment. I felt the same way when Ben & Jerry's "retired" my favorite flavor. Or when they started trying to sell me those tall, slim paperbacks instead of the squat ones.

I'm really not that opposed to change in general. Just when it applies to me personally. I'm very slow to want to change. I've been trying to change that - its inhibiting. But nature is strong.

In the mean time, I'm on the look out for a new fish taco restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment