Monday, May 3, 2010

Food Favs

Did you ever have a food that was just a "fav of the moment"? Right now mine is tuna salad sandwiches. I've always liked tuna - but I like it better grilled. But lately I've had a hankering for tuna salad sandwiches that won't go away.

I guess you could call it a craving. Typically cravings are associted with pregnancy - but I have them when my body is trying to tell me something. In pregnancy when my blood sugar would drop way low, all I could think about eating was pancakes with maple syrup or glazed donuts. This was, of course, before I realized that there were better ways to up the blood sugar.

Now I have granny cravings - if the digestive system is "backed up" I crave ice cream - a sure-fire way to move things through my quirky digestive system. If I've had a particular tiring week, I seem to crave meat. Every once in a while (though not often) I crave something salty -- who knows why. Breads and pastas are my "I need taken care of" food. And, of course, when I'm feeling particularly bored and listless, I want chocolate.

But the tuna sandwiches have me baffled.

No comments:

Post a Comment