Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Theory

I'm come to a very big realization in my life. I like complaining. I know I should be 'counting my blessings', but that is not nearly as fulfilling.

I have a theory that the world is divided in two camps - and we waffle back and forth between the two camps. Yes, I feel blessed - about half the time. The other half I complain. And I've got to say, I'm much better at the complaining. And because I'm better at it, I enjoy it more. There is a sense of satisfaction you get from doing something well.

Now, before you get the wrong idea, I want to clarify that I'm not a whiner. Whiners are irritating. A complainer is confident and self assured, whiners are weak and insecure. Sometimes whiners are manipulative - but not always. Sometimes whiners are just exhausted and can't muster the energy to complain. Complainers don't care if anyone is listing and really don't care if anyone is going to change what is being complained about.

It's a theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment