Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Reading

I currently am reading 4 books. I suppose it might be confusing for some - or maybe if they were technical or historical novels filled with facts and details - to keep them all straight. But I'm not having any trouble at all. Once I pick up one and start reading, I'm immediately on point with the plot. Three of the four are mysteries - which I was sure would prove confusing - but the characters are so vivid that I'd no sooner mix up a character and a location as I would my children.

How do I juggle 4 books? Well there is one that I have been reading at home - for my book club. There is another that is in my bag that I carry around with me - and I read in waiting rooms and in the car if I get somewhere too early. Another I read at the library over my lunch break - just pull it of the shelf and take a seat until the hour is over. And then there is the one I read (or listen to) in my car during my commute. Four.

I have to tell you, it's almost exhilarating. I love reading and so reading a lot is better still. Still I almost feel a sort of guilty self-indulgence to squeeze so much reading in to one little life. I guess that's part of the fun.

2 comments:

  1. My question was actually "why", not "how." Why would you wanna juggle 4 books??? I mean, sometimes I'll read a parenting book along with a novel that way I can go back and forth if I need a break from the parenting, but 4 mysteries at once? You are crazy dear mother.

    ReplyDelete