Saturday, May 8, 2010

Petunias

I bought my petunias today. I buy petunias every year. I want no other flower to greet me at the front door as I come home.

I've had other flowers there, but there is something about that wonderful scent wafting from the pots on the front porch that just says "welcome home."

Scents are very powerful. I can smell something that will take me back to high school or to my babies (when they were babies.) I have smells that make me think of my ex (before we were married.) I think everyone is like this.

But I think the smells that just make us feel comfortable and think of home are the best smells of all. For me there are a few - turkey roasting in the oven, bread baking, and petunias.

1 comment:

  1. I like nasturiums. They are pretty and you can eat them!!!

    ReplyDelete